Question: My husband keeps getting locked-up. What should I do?
This is a difficult question. Especially since both of you agreed to be with each other for better or worse, and to love and cherish each other. So I think you should consider a few things before making your decision:
1. What was his crime?
2. When will he get out?
3. What is the likelihood of him getting rearrested?
4. What kind of life do you want for yourself?
5. What are your priorities in life and how does he fit into them?
6. What kind of life can you have with him now that he is incarcerated and once he is released?
7. Do you really want to work through it?
8. How does he add to your life?
I think you should consider all of these questions before making a decision. Marriages are hard. They get harder once things do not go as planned. However, things never go as planned. There will always be bumps in the road. It is these bumps in the road, which makes your love stronger. Nevertheless, you can do bad all by yourself. You do not need any extra weight to keep you down. Your happiness and wellbeing should be your top priority. A marriage can only be as good as the people in the marriage. So whatever you decide be honest with your husband and yourself. Let him know what you are going to do. Maintain your honorability.
If you need more help making major decisions in your life contact Cupid’s Planner. We provide life and relationship coaching. Also do not forget to like us on Facebook.