Ten Things I Would Say to My Younger Self
They say with age comes wisdom. Here are ten things I wish I had learned a little earlier, when I thought I had the world in the palm of my hand and knew everything about life. Yep, at the age of 15 I definitely had some fallacies about life and how things were supposed to happen. Now after years of growing, maturing, living, loving, crying, and deliberating, I would tell myself a few things to make my journey a little more enjoyable.
1. Life is not that serious. Laugh at yourself. Life is not about checking things off a checklist to get to some oblivious point in the future. Life is about living in the moment, loving in the moment and feeling, tasting, hearing and seeing in the moment
2. People are not paying as much attention to you as you think. Yes, that is right, everyone is not watching you and most importantly, if they are watching you they probably are not paying that close of attention to you
3. That feeling in your gut is right. Listen to it!
4. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Give people a chance. Even the people you do not think would be cool. They may end up being really a good friend or at the least an interesting conversation
5. Cry, that is right, let it out. You do not have to be strong all the time
6. You are not fat. Ten years from now you will wish you were that size
7. Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one – so do you
8. Do what feels good, right and fun to you. You walk to a beat of a different drummer
9. If a relationship needs too much effort and work it probably is not worth it. Do not waste your time with someone who does not want to be around you as much as you want to be around them
10. Breathe and be grateful
These are small things that I wish I knew when I was younger. These are lessons I learned through the years and sometimes these are lessons I have to remind myself of every now and then. If you need help understanding your life’s journey contact Cupid’s Planner. We provide individual coaching or workshops to help girls and women tap into their inner power and dreams.